Mobile, AL Plastic Surgeon - Dr. Proffitt
Dr. Randy Proffitt is a board certified plastic surgeon with over 30 years experience. He is a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) and double board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) and the American Board of Surgery (ABS).
In addition to his Board Certification in Plastic Surgery, Dr. Proffitt is also Board Certified in General Surgery, and he has 8 years of surgery training, more than any other plastic surgeon in Mobile. As one of the most experienced plastic surgeons in the Gulf Coast area, Dr. Proffitt combines the techniques he acquired through his training and experience with the latest, state-of-the-art technological advancements to achieve a more pleasing, youthful and natural appearance.
Dr. Proffitt is double board certified by the ABMS (American Board of Medical Specialties) recognized boards. The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) is the only board certifying plastic surgeons that is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS).
Dr. Proffitt is also a contributor to Realself.com. Please visit his profile page to read his commentary on various plastic surgery procedures.
- American Board of Plastic Surgery since 1994
- American Board of Surgery since 1990
Board Certification Matters – Learn The Truth About Board Certification
- Undergraduate – University of Kansas, 1980, Graduation with Honors in Human Biology
- Medical School – University of Kansas, 1984
- Internship – Surgery – Charity Hospital, New Orleans, LA., 1984-1985
- Residency – Surgery – Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 1985-1989
- Residency – Plastic Surgery – University of Louisville, 1989-1991
- Fellowship – Microvascular Free Tissue Transfer Reconstructive surgery, 1991-1992 Center for Microvascular Studies, University of Louisville
- Hand Surgery training, 4/1/1991-6/30/1991 Kutz, Kleinert Louisville Hand Group; Louisville, Kentucky
To learn more about deceptive marketing in plastic surgery visit ThePlasticTruth.com
- Member: American Society of Plastic Surgeons;
- Member: The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery;
- Member: The Medical Association of the State of Alabama;
- Member: Alabama Society of Plastic Surgeons;
- Member: Mobile County Medical Society;
- Member: Tulane Surgical Society;
- Member: Kleinert Hand Society
- Fellow: American College of Surgeons
- Diplomat: American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Diplomat: American Board of Surgery
- Diplomat: National Board of Medical Examiners
- Mobile Infirmary, Mobile, AL
- Providence Hospital, Mobile, AL
- Springhill Medical Center, Mobile, AL
- Mobile Surgery Center, Mobile, AL
- The Orthopaedic Center at Springhill, Mobile, AL