Courtney Thorne Smith Discusses Her Experience with BOTOX?
Allergan just launched a new media campaign with actress Courtney Thorne-Smith to discuss the changes in women’s perceptions about Botox Cosmetic. The actress is talking about her experience with Botox, and helping to answer some of the most common Botox questions that women still have.
According to a new survey by HealthyWomen:
- The number of women considering talking to their doctors about BOTOX Cosmetic treatment more than quadrupled from 1.3 million in 2002 to 5.8 million in 2010.
- The number of women who think that BOTOX Cosmetic is an effective means for treating frown lines between the eyebrows has increased from 21 percent when the product was approved to 79 percent in 2010.
Still, there are many people out there that are considering treatment, but hesitating due to lack of information. “Our partnership with actress Courtney Thorne-Smith and the non-profit organization HealthyWomen is our latest initiative to address pressing questions women have about medical aesthetic injectable treatments like BOTOX Cosmetic.”
“I’ve been treated with BOTOX Cosmetic for nearly 10 years, said Thorne-Smith, “and while I think it’s become more mainstream, many women have the same questions I initially had.” Allergan released a brief Q&A that addresses some of the common questions, as indicated by the new HealthyWomen survey.
According to the survey of 826 U.S. women ages 35 to 65, the most common BOTOX questions include:
- Are these products safe? Each aesthetic injectable treatment has a unique safety and efficacy profile and treatments are not interchangeable. For every injectable treatment, including BOTOX? Cosmetic, it’s important to review the Important Safety Information and Medication Guide with your physician as serious side effects can occur. The most common side effects include pain or temporary bruising at the injection site, temporary tiredness, headache and nausea.
- How much do these treatments cost? Cost varies across the country based on a number of factors. According to an American Society of Plastic Surgeons survey, the average cost of BOTOX Cosmetic is approximately $400 for treatment of the glabellar lines between the brows.
- Will my face still have expression? Injectable treatments such as BOTOX? Cosmetic should not radically change one’s appearance. When BOTOX Cosmetic is administered by an experienced physician, a person can still frown and look surprised without those moderate to severe lines also known as the “11” between the brows.
- How long does treatment last? Minimally invasive treatments are temporary. BOTOX Cosmetic treatment effects can last up to four months.
- Is treatment painful? Discomfort associated with the injection is usually minimal and brief, and your physician may apply an ice pack or anesthetic cream.